Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Glamping and Gratitude

This weekend we took J on his first glamping trip to Huttopia in NH's white mountains.  It was near perfection.  The weather was gorgeous - mid-80's with little humidity made the sun warm and the shade just right for reading and naps. My little fish swam in the pool and the lake for hours each day, ran around the woods, made new friends, played cards and Guess Who, roasted marshmallows, lit sparklers and enjoyed camp fire stories. 

A few times during the trip he exclaimed, "this is awesome, I never want to forget this!"  and "One day, I'm going to make a time machine and come back to right now!!!"  As a mother, this made my heart burst.  Of course, nothing makes us happier than knowing our children are happy and that is why I try to make sure J has a grateful spirit.  As Brene Brown says, there is no joy without gratitude.  It's a practice but a fundamental part of our lives.  I'm conscious to verbalize moments of gratitude big and small with Joe and at night before bed we both say "our thank you's" - part of our prayers to thank God for the great life we've been blessed to have. 

And because love isn't only saying I Love You but action, consistent and reliable, I even swam in the icy cold pool!  My little angel.  I am so very grateful for YOU.