Monday, December 9, 2019

Tis the season

From Halloween - New Years has become my busiest time.  This year I chaired J's school's Halloween Party which was a fun, but time consuming endeavor, and followed by Halloween, J's birthday, Thanksgiving with visitors and parties, and Christmas and all the festivities that surround it.

Every year teaches us something if we can soften.  My thoughts and ruminations on this blog over the years have been circling it.  As I get older, it gets slightly more clear.  The growth isn't linear, and the progress is far from perfection.  I most certainly have short tempered moments and days, days where I wonder what or why I'm doing it but those days get fewer and farther apart.  One seasons seems to be winding down and with the coming of my 40's it seems I'm welcoming a new season of greater purpose and more clarity. 

I'm better at boundaries.  I'm better at expectations.  I'm better at letting people in who should be there.  Those steps, small as they may seem, have been wonderful tools in a path towards peace. 

"It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."      - Agnes M. Pharo