Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The bookstore

Note to self - the next time I'm feeling tired, uninspired, worried, bored, or overwhelmed - head to a local bookstore.  I took a few days off to move and yesterday I had kind of hit a wall.   I was physically tired from packing and unpacking, mentally tired from thinking about home decor, and just a little worn out from errands and the such.   I didn't want to spend the afternoon at home, because it's hard for me to relax when I know how much can be done, but I didn't want to spend it bouncing around Target et al.
My intention with the day off yesterday wasn't just to get things done, but to enjoy a moment of "me" time.

I popped in to pick up a copy of Domino magazine.  Two hours later, I was curled up in their 2nd floor reading room devouring a copy of the Scientific Mind - a magazine I had never read, but am now a huge fan.  A very soft instrumental cd played in the background.  Without even realizing it, I had relaxed and recharged.  I felt great.

I left, finished off my errands, and had a perfectly productive rest of the day.   The bookstore - my happy place.

(image)