Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018

My last post of the year was a reflection on the biggest lesson of 2017.  For me, it was a lesson in letting go.  Now, as we look forward instead of backward, I turn that reflection into a way to improve.  This post from On Being speaks right to it:

I’m no longer asking, “What do I want to let go of and what do I want to hang onto?” Instead I’m asking, “What do I want to let go of and what do I want to give myself to?” I now see that “hanging on” is a fearful, needy, and clinging way to be in the world. But looking for what I want to give myself to transforms everything. It’s taking me to a place where I find energy, abundance, trust, and new life.

What do I want to give myself to will be a question to ponder for the coming year.  


Image result for untouched snow