Thursday, July 19, 2018

Magician and Tyrant



Revisited an old Yogaglo class last night.  The theme was Finding Unconditional Energy.   All of us battle an inner magician and an inner tyrant.  The tyrant seeks to control our external experience.  The magician works to manage our inner experience.  The tyrant wastes energy.   Who and what are we trying to control and change?  How much more energy might we have if we let go of that need?

The first time I took that class was in 2012.  What have I learned, what am I still learning?  Where was I then, where am I today.  It was a fun exercise.  (proud moment: I'm better at this than I was 6 years ago; thank you my teachers.  thank you my life.  thank you my willingness to learn the hard lessons).   

Speaking of recycling old lessons...   Here's a blog post in January, 2014.   Same theme.  Always trying to improve the same areas of weakness.