Monday, December 3, 2018

Hamilton

Broadway's Hamilton came to Boston this fall and on a whim, I bought tickets and went to a Saturday matinee.  I didn't know what to expect - a rap about a founding U.S. father, let's see what all the buzz is about.   Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't but since it's such a highly touted work and I have the time and resources, let's see.

Well, I LOVED it.  I truly felt like I had witnessed one of those larger than human life works of art; the same feeling I had when inside the Sagrada Familia years ago.  How is a person capable of this genius??!!   To me, masterpieces like that feel spiritual.  There is something superhuman in their creation.  


Inevitably, I have been listening to a few of the songs - That would be enough, Dear Theodosia, It's Quiet Uptown, Who Lives, who dies, who tells your story - since seeing the production and the beautiful lyrics never get old.  That random Saturday morning decision was such a good one!! 


Image result for hamilton