Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Duality

This one came across my inbox:

"Everyone must have two pockets, so that he can reach into the one or the other, according to his needs. In his right pocket are to be the words: 'For my sake was the world created,' and in his left: 'I am nothing but dust and ashes.'" 

Holding on to opposing ideas and maintaining our cool, is a fundamental part of intellectual capacity and maturity.  Security :: Newness    Adventure::stability    Ambition::relaxation

As I reflect on what is making me happy these days, I believe it is the balance of my current life.  Blessed with good health for me and my loved ones, I am enjoying a job that has equal parts challenge and stimulation without being all consuming.  I love being a mother to my wonderful J and also enjoy my child-free time.  I have space to enjoy my free time and don't have too much of it.   Life is good.