Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Gift

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 --- Thanksgiving morning --- we received the most amazing, spectacular, perfect and wonderful gift, the birth of our son, Joseph.

Words cannot express the way I feel these days.  Overwhelmed with love, joy, gratitude....  I feel at peace.  I feel as though a part of my heart has been filled.  Our boy is more amazing than anything we could have dreamed he'd be.  I feel his little soul connected to ours.  Our family has become such a wonderful unit; it is all that I ever need.

Posting will be a little slow over the next few months.  I will write when I have things to say or to share and when I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere that is what I'll do.   But I hope to still visit this space with some frequency.  It's been a really positive outlet for me - throughout the pregnancy and hopefully throughout our parenting journey. 

Joseph: Birth to 2 weeks.
 My boy, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.   I never imagined it could be like this... You are a dream come true in every sense.  You are the most calm baby.  You haven't cried since you've been home from the hospital!  I like to think it's because you know we are here for you and will never let you down.  You seem so content.   Mama didn't have an easy time with your delivery but I'd do it all over again in a blink of an eye to bring you into this world.  We like to think that part of your mellow demeanor is because you know your Mama needs some help right now while she recovers.  You make the sweetest sounds and have great eye contact (and beautiful eyes, I think they look like dad's...)  I wake so easily everyday --- just eager to spend another day with the boy I love so much.