Monday, March 11, 2013

The weekend

I worried that once I started working again my weekends would be a blur of errand-running and boring chores.   However, after surviving work week #1 with better than anticipated results, I also survived my first weekend post-work.   It was nice!   A perfect combination of some errands --- the groceries just have to be done and there is simply no other time to do them --- with a fun visit with friends, some cooking, some alone time with my husband and plenty of giggles and smiles and fun with Baby J.   We woke early and resumed our maternity leave ritual of mama enjoying her coffee and J enjoying his swing-time.  On Saturday morning, I glanced over and saw him "find his hand".  He was staring at it in pure awe...turning it all around.  It was such a precious moment.  It reminded me that this is all new to him.  Every sight, smell, sound...and we, his parents, get to witness the world reveal itself to him.  What a gift.