Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This week's goal...

Other than walking with friends at the mall, there has been virtually no exercise since J arrived.  I did some yoga while I was home on maternity leave to get the cobwebs off, but nothing strenuous.  I had some post-partum physical complications (in addition to my c-section), which made the recovery process a little longer than anticipated and quite frankly, my maternity leave was so relaxed and enjoyable I just allowed myself to revel in it. 

Now that I've been back to work for almost a month (how the heck is that possible??!! TIME FLIES!) and I've gotten back into my routine here, I'm thinking of how to reincorporate some exercise into my life.   I want to keep my expectations reasonable and attainable.  I'm going to start this week with a simple goal - exercise 3 days.  I'm not labeling what I need to do --- I just want to change into workout clothes and move, whatever that may be.  Hopefully writing it here will make me a bit more accountable.

You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day - unless you're too busy;
then you should sit for an hour.
~ Old Zen adage

(image)