Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Overthinker

Overthinking is in my DNA.  It is a part of who I am.  I've also come to learn that it is cyclical.  I go through intense periods of hyper-contemplation, followed by a more relaxed time.   Accepting who I am, has been as important to me as self-betterment.  Sometimes simply the knowledge to say "wow. I've been in an intense headspace lately.  It will subside soon, I know." is the very best coping mechanism.  

So, I've got thoughts on everything --- how to be more efficient, how to get back to the gym, how to improve my commute, how to find time to have fun, how to do my job better.....   I won't bore anyone with my continued list. 

But knowing this is part of who I am and just as the tide rises and falls, this angst rises and falls.  It is part of the unique rhythm of me.  It's nothing to be afraid of and nothing I haven't endured before.