Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another year, another party....

I've written about our annual Family party before.   This past weekend we celebrated yet again with 50 or more of my extended family.  As per our tradition, my mom led the kid's sing-along, Santa visited with presents, and the adults held their holiday swap.   There was more home cooked Italian food than you could possibly handle.  This party is a highlight of my mother's year.  She counts down the days and then talks about it for weeks after....    Joseph was dressed in his holiday finest and totally content to just follow his "Me" (J's abbreviated name for his favorite person, Grammy) around.  Those two, I'm not sure who is more obsessed with who.   A fortunate problem, I know....

Lucca got christened by having to sit on Santa's lap and as always, he was a great sport.  Never a complaint, never an eye-roll, just a willing and lovely kid.   Although he was slightly mortified when his dad posted his pic on Santa's lap on FB for everyone to see!

More than the presents, more than the food is the tradition of the party.   It is a time to honor my grandparents and Rapallo family for what they created --- an ALL ARE WELCOME party with absolutely zero frills where every single person feels loved, welcome and part of this special FAMILY.   Until next year.....


J in the Christmas spirit.  (my mom's been going to this party since she was his age!!)  


The loves of my life

Santa Sighting --- I think Joe's expression speaks for itself.  Lucca is saying, "Oh crap. they weren't kidding!"

Lucca has his inaugural visit with santa.