Friday, June 29, 2018

Heading out...



Tomorrow I will leave for something completely new to me.   A solo trip.   I'm really looking forward to a brand new experience - what feeling(s) will it invoke - freedom, loneliness....   how will I choose to spend my time, what will the place be like, what energizes me the most, what is the most difficult?   It's been a hard week - uncertainty at work, J with a dental issue, disagreements with my ex....  and yet, here I am - ready to pack and head out.   As I look at the challenges I have faced and continue to face, I realize how much resistance I am building.  Things that used to make me crumble, I can now tolerate pretty calmly.   I know better how to engage and how to not --- where can I impact change and where do I only spin my wheels.   An exercise in effective use of time and energy.... a critical skill if I want to do anything that matters.

"If you're brave enough to stay with your pain - to refuse to abandon yourself during the breaking - to feel it all.... your reward eventually is a brand new life.  The newness is terrifying - and hard - and it's also the whole damn point down here.  Don't look back - we're not going that way.  That was then.  This is now.  Carry onward, warriors."  - Glennon Doyle

Image result for reo rafting and yoga

I'll be here.  How bad could it be?!!  :)