Friday, July 19, 2019

Banff Review - in summary

As you can see, our Banff adventure was a wonderful and fairly indulgent introduction to the Canadian Rockies.  I think I first posted a picture of Lake Moraine as a travel goal back in 2011.  Anytime I saw a photo of it or thought about "where would I want to go..." it was there.  Having such high expectations can be slightly unnerving in the days leading up to the trip, but I can genuinely say the trip exceeded my high expectations!!  The beauty, the company, the food, the hospitality, the pace - each and every thing went just so well.     As any good trip will do, it left me thinking about where to next, and reminded me of this enormous world we have the privilege to discover.   Cheers to more dreams coming true ~~*




“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”   - Elizabeth Gilbert