Friday, September 14, 2012

Notes

I try not to fill this space solely with things I want to buy, wear, own etc.  Sure - there are plenty of things on my radar screen but it can become such a bottomless pit of wanting that I try to stay clear of that.  Instead, I gravitate towards blogs and online pieces that might share a tidbit of wisdom, a nice thought, a provocative excerpt etc. and try to do the same here.  

So today, I'd like to share one with you.  If you plan to host an Annual Party of any kind - BBQ, Halloween, Holiday etc. I *really* recommend taking notes for yourself the day after the event.   Jot down what worked well, what could have gone better, how much food/drink you had - was it enough, too much - etc.   You might think you'll remember but you won't...

We're hosting an Annual Event for my husband's business this weekend and last year on the Monday after I took my own advice and wrote down a whole slew of notes while it was crystal clear and fresh on my mind. Fast forward a year, and I cannot begin to tell you how much time and effort it has saved!  Not to mention, hopefully a considerably more smooth day.   So that's that.  Livin' and Learnin', Friends.   Have a great weekend!  

(image)