Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The people have spoken...

On this morning after election day, I wanted to take a break from the usual programming to say that today I am proud of our people's choices.  I am proud that the overwhelming voice of America still believes in personal freedom - whether that be associated with gay rights, women's health, immigration or a host of other social issues.  I'm glad that when a senator makes ridiculously ignorant comments about rape, he is not re-elected.  I'm glad to see representatives from the Tea Party, known for outlandish social views, lose their seats.   I'm glad to see such a rise in minority voters showing up at the polls and reshaping some of the electoral college maps.

The people have spoken and I, for one, like what they said. 

And here's the text of the President's acceptance speech.  It literally brought tears to my eyes.