Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blackberry Cobbler!

I just have to write about what I made last night!   It takes my "baking for the non-baker" to a new level of easy but more importantly healthy AND delicious!!    I've been saying, I could easily gain the same amount of weight during these 3 months at home as I did during the pregnancy.  The "boredom" and hanging around just can easily lead to way too much snacking and I still haven't got clearance to get back to exercise so I'm more sedentary than ever. 

In an effort to get back to reality and back into my pre-pregnancy jeans --- I was looking for some easy, healthy snack recipes.  Enter - this Blackberry Cobbler.  I got it on the cooking light website but modified it a bit. 

1 half-pint of blackberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
pinch of cinnamon
1 egg
1 tbsp butter
*Can easily double for larger batch

Preheat oven to 375. Place blackberries (or any fruit) on the bottom of a pie plate.  Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and egg together to form a paste.  Top the fruit with paste.  Melt the butter and pour over the mixture.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Broil on low for 1 minute.  Enjoy warm or at room temperature.  Can be served with ice cream, whipped cream, yogurt --- or just plain, like I had it..last night and with coffee this morning.   A new favorite for me! 

I forgot to take a pic, oops! Here's one I borrowed.

(image)