Saturday, January 26, 2013

Don't want to miss a thing

You hear so much about sleep deprived new parents.  Perhaps I just have a wonderfully mild mannered son or much more help from my husband than most, but I've never felt more energized than I have during my pregnancy and now Joseph's first months.  We wake early and instead of rolling over for another few hours of sleep, I find myself happily getting out of bed just eager to start and enjoy another full day with my baby. 

I've said it a few times here but I just want to reiterate so I never forget how fully and wholeheartedly I am loving every second of this little guy's early life.   I never imagined it could be so great.  It is incredibly cheezy but that Aerosmith song from Armageddon was on the radio --- even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do...  I don't want to fall asleep because I'd miss your face and I don't want to miss a thing.   That's how I feel these days.  I want to just soak up this bliss in it's totality. 

There's simply nothing further to say here ---- just thank you, thank you, thank you.  My heart is so full.