Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9+ months

If I could bottle this age up and hold on to it forever, I just might.  You are a little over 9 months and growing right before our eyes.  This age is amazing....  You are full of so many smiles and you love to babble.  If you hold on to our fingers you pull yourself up ---- and look like a mini-gymnast when you do it --- legs straight, posture perfect then you smile because you are as proud of yourself as we are of you.   Your favorite songs are still Elmo Song and the Galinha Pintadina, a Brazilian series we watch on youtube.   You and I still sing "You've got the whole world in your hands" and without a doubt you recognize it and seem at peace when I sing it.  Most nights still end with "You are my sunshine".  I hope that song always reminds us both of these special moments together.

My sweet Joseph.  You are the most pure and amazing gift.  Your skin is so soft, your smiles come so easy.   Time waits for nobody so I write here and take pictures that I hope will bring me back to some clouded memory of these wonderful days for our family.   Today, like most days, you woke first and we got you and brought you to bed with us.  You make us laugh and we give you hugs and my hope, more than anything else, is you feel how loved you are and how happy you make us.   Our son, our boy.

(image)