Monday, January 14, 2019

Welcome 38

I've fallen behind here as I was completely laid up with the most violent stomach bug of my life last week but all is well and today I'm back to the land of the living.  I will try and do my 2018 reflection, a 2019 goals and some other traditional year end posting in due time. 

Until then, I celebrated my 38th birthday yesterday.   It feels good!   I'm in a very happy place, secure, loved and moving in the right direction.   I've come along way and look forward to what lies ahead. 

37 gave me a gift I am quite proud of, for the first time in my life I learned how to actually sit with myself.   Not run, not distract, not consume or bluster my way through.  But rather get comfortable with silence and be my own best friend.   Ironically, learning how to do this has led to much more meaningful relationships and I feel my own friendships and bonds are stronger than ever before.  It is a gift, it was hard fought, it is my proud accomplishment.  I am ready for 38. 

"When I get lonely these days, I think: Be lonely.  Learn your way around loneliness.  Make a map of it.  Sit with it, for once in your life.  Welcome to the human experience.  But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings" - Elizabeth Gilbert