Monday, March 5, 2012

Time is on our side

How often do we say to ourselves, if I only had more time?  If I had more time I'd read more, write more, organize more, cook more, etc. etc.  It was a quiet weekend at home and I found myself with just that --- time. For a moment, I tried to fill it --- the phenomenon of a totally free Saturday day and evening oddly frightening, or at the very least uncomfortable.  And when I realized that there just wasn't a whole to do or to be done, I sat back and soaked it up.  I brought a magazine to Whole Foods and made a healthy lunch for myself.  I browsed, unsuccessfully, for some things I need for the house. I did yoga.  Most importantly, I took my time.... 

It was such a welcome reminder in this overly scheduled, somewhat frantic pace that we all try to keep up with that some weekends are just for us.  The simple and lovely details, the way to truly hear ourselves, can be found in that quiet.  It's important and nothing to run from....


 (image)