Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mornings

A few weeks ago, I started a new morning ritual.  Each day, the dog and I go for a walk in the woods behind our house.  It is perfectly peaceful and we've yet to see another person.   Alone in the fresh fall air, walking on damp pine needles and fallen leaves has been a wonderful way to start my day.
We walk until we reach this bridge.  I say a quick prayer of gratitude for another healthy day and we turn back.

These walks help me get quiet and disconnect.  I feel in touch with the seasons of nature, as a great reminder for the seasons of life.  Like the forest, my life is always changing.  To stay with the knowledge that it is a continuum - and although the day to day might not feel that different, to evaluate it at various points in time, would show quite distinct change.  I am grateful for that change, the opportunity that is always available to start anew.