Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Your coupon!

Little J, yesterday at school you were the second person in the class to be rewarded with a "kindness coupon".   You helped your friends clean up and when Olivia B fell down, you helped her.  Mrs Mayo recognized your acts of kindness with a "coupon" allowing you to bring a favorite toy (your Hulk figure) to school for a special show and tell. 

You were proud and I was a proud mama!   I don't think you needed a coupon to encourage your kindness - you have always led with your enormous heart.   But I love that your school encourages kindness, not simply academic excellence.   It's a value that is important to me and our family.  Life will be full of moments that cause you to fall down.   Just as you helped your friend, my prayer is that someone is always around to help you. 

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” - Desmond Tutu