Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Wicked

Fifteen years after it's original debut, we finally made it to Wicked on Broadway this weekend.  It was a spectacular show and no surprise why it was such a hit and why it continues such a strong run.   With seats in the front and center orchestra, we were treated to a spectacular show and as with so many theater productions the ending left me a little teary eyed and overwhelmingly glad to have had the opportunity to witness such brilliance.

An excerpt from the final song, "For Good":


I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...   



Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.