Friday, October 14, 2011

Namesake

"All right, fine. You wanna be in a band? Fine. Go ahead. Play every night. Play three times a night! Don't just dick around the same coffee house for five years. Don't dick around with her or with me. I mean, try at something for once in your life. Do something about it, but you know what? You better do it now, and you better do it fast, because the world doesn't owe you any favors" - Lelaina Pierce, Reality Bites

The namesake for my blog is based on one of my favorite fictional characters, Lelaina Pierce.  Winona Ryder played her in the 90's Gen X hit, Reality Bites.  I loved this movie almost twenty years ago (!) and I continue to love it today.  It has some of my absolute favorite lines.  The characters and their interwoven stories and relationships together with a witty and thoughtful screenplay make it a perennial classic in my book!    

1 comment:

  1. LOVING this blog! :-)

    infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete