Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quotes...

I love quotes, lyrics, poetry --- the whole thing.  I guess that's something I really love about the blog-world.  The way seemingly perfect strangers have the extraordinary ability to articulate exactly the way I feel. In many ways, one of the things I love about reading a great quote is it makes me feel understood.  It's crazy to read something written centuries ago and have it resonate just so perfectly.  Good writing is timeless.  It captures our feelings of love, acceptance, trust, greed... --- emotions that are relevant because we are humans and nothing else.  Here are a couple on love that speak to me -

 
“The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”
―Rumi, The Illuminated Rumi
 
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”  - Bob Marley

"The real work in a marriage is not in the planning of the party. The real work is in unpacking all the baggage you brought along." - Excerpt from the blog, In Jennie's Kitchen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment