Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Baby Steps

My little boy --- last night you started to walk!!   You've taken steps before but last night you did it entirely on your own, nobody to catch you on the other side.  Just walking ---- from one toy to the next. Wow.  My baby is transitioning to toddler right before our very eyes.   You have so much to say too.  You're constantly exploring your voice and making different pitches, noises, trying to sound out different things.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Perhaps walking on your own is the first major step in the direction of independence.  You won't need to rely quite so heavily on mama anymore.   My boy, may we both remember the true essence of parenting --- to leave unto this world a human being who will leave things better than the way he found them.  I will help you in the very best way I know how to become a fully functioning, self-assured adult. So, today it's baby steps and tomorrow will be something more grand.  I wish you nothing but confidence and safety on your journey.
(image)