Monday, January 5, 2015

Welcome, 2015

A tradition on this blog has been to jot down some resolutions as both a way to stay accountable, a way to remember and a way to reflect.   No surprise, my resolutions for the past four years (!) haven't changed too much.  I've consistently resolved to consume less, find more art and creativity, be more organized, meditate and eat healthier.   Those continue to be my goals...   I suppose they aren't really New Years Resolutions at all, but just weaknesses that I continue to strive to improve upon.

But in the spirit of tradition, listed below are a few of my tangible goals.  I will check on them in early spring to see how I'm doing:

1. Follow The Artist's Way.  Have you read it?  I am just started and am loving it.  It is a sort of "how-to" guide on unblocking creativity.  

2. More water.

3.  Find 10 minutes per day of quiet meditation.  I have never felt better in my life than when I've committed to this practice.

4. Patience with myself and those I love as we all try to do better.

"And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been." - Rilke