Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A long walk....

I've got troubles.  Chances are, you do too.   We are human - flawed, difficult, imperfect.   I don't think anyone is without worry or trouble, some people are just better trained, biologically programmed, or a combination of both, to handle crisis.   The other day friends and I were talking about the adjustments needed in the first year of a baby's life.  It's no shocker that the change, together with lack of sleep, is major.  People were chiming in the usual tidbits --- try to streamline household tasks, utilize diapers.com, outsource wherever possible.   All helpful and true.   But one new mama said something profound --- she reminded us to stay away from the treadmill analogy.  That we are, in fact, getting somewhere.  We are moving through space and time and raising these little people.   Instead of a treadmill, let's think of it as a very long walk.   

Isn't that lovely.


(image)

ps - Speaking of trouble, hearts out to the people of Oklahoma.  If you want to help, check out one of my very favorite blogs Sweet Fine Day's Team Rubicon page.  Although my contribution was small, I reminded myself that the slightest good deed is better than the grandest intention.  Thoughts and prayers to those people.