Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Honesty

Sometimes you read a blog post and you just weep.  The author is able to so carefully, beautifully articulate feelings you experience.   To the outside world, one might wonder why we read them.   Is it some strange voyeur phenomenon we are experiencing as a culture.   Do we, as readers, need to know what's going on with others - strangers - to measure our own life?  

I knew that was not why I read.  I read to have those "aha" moments where someone else's words help me make sense of my own emotions.  

Yesterday, my yoga teacher included the following words in her class.  It finally answered the question of Why I read....why I listen....why I write.....why I talk.

Tell the truth about your feelings and your experiences
and see the golden road appear that immediately
connects you to others on the path.