Monday, May 13, 2013

My First Mother's Day

Nothing has turned my life upside down and made me question myself, both my future and my past, in the way that motherhood has.   I'm reflective by nature, but this journey magnifies my reflections 1000 times over.  

Hormones, lack of sleep and total change of pace in conjunction with the weight and responsibility of being the best mama I can be, can certainly take their toll.  All that to say that it is worth it, oh - so worth it.   When I look at my baby boy, I know that he is the answer to a prayer that has lived in my heart for as long as I can remember. The hope that this would happen has changed into gratitude and peace that this did happen.   He is here.  In my arms. Happy and healthy and the biggest, most amazing dream come true.  Worth every single ounce of struggle.  He is my truest gift.  It is my truest honor to be his mother. 

Thank you, little one. I have loved you forever.


(image)