Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day, Loves!

Oh, Love.  Is there really any topic that could invite more things to say?   For today I wanted to say something on the spiritual side of love.  The idea that love is actually a connection between souls.  I think this far transcends a modern day quest to "find your soulmate", instead I think our lives, if lived with truth and intention, will intersect with other lives.  These, in my opinion, are not coincidences.  These intersections, however brief or long, are teachers and help each one of us continue a path towards.....something so much bigger than ourselves~*.   They come in all shapes and sizes.  If you're open, they will always come through your life.  I have been blessed by so many of these intersections.  Not only my husband, but friends, parents, mentors, ...strangers.   They have come into my life - for a moment or a lifetime - and *connected*.   And made my life something different and better than it could have otherwise ever been. 

I try to live my life with my heart open and ready for these moments of connection.  To me, they are The Point. 

"Remember that time you told me you said,
"Love is touching souls"
Surely you touched mine
'Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time" - Joni Mitchell
(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment