Thursday, February 9, 2012

Step 2: booking the tickets....

I was going to say, Step 1: book the tickets but that isn't exactly true for the way I like to vacation.  For me, Step 1 is determine the place.  I don't do a lot of research, per se, in this first step, I like to go with my instinct.  I always have a running list of places in my mind that interest me - whether I read an article about them, saw photos, or just have a sense of it being a place I'd like to see.   From that list, places tend to naturally rise to the top.  Maybe it's a good airfare, or the timing just seemed right...

In this case, New Orleans was becoming the front runner for a spring long weekend getaway.  Everything just seemed right.  A city with a thriving and rich culture, amazing food & drink, nice spring climate and close enough to make a long weekend out of it.  Yes, yes, yes and yes.   Once the idea really gets planted, everything else seems to fall into place.  Which brings us to today, Step 2: Book the Tickets.  And with that click of "confirm", my entire state of being seems to relax.  Yes!!!  We're on the move!

Now I get to enjoy Step 3: The planning and research Step 4: The exploring a brand new city with my love and Step 5: (quite possibly the best of all) the after-effect.  The feeling you get when you're back at home after an amazing trip and realize all is right with your world.

Here we come, N'awlins!






(image, image, image, image)

No comments:

Post a Comment