Monday, October 22, 2012

Heart is full

Just an overwhelmingly wonderful weekend.  I feel so grateful & loved.   Two close friends came up to visit on Saturday and just being able to hang out so effortlessly, no matter how much time has passed, is such a gift.  True friends.... people that understand you, wish the best for you, can make you laugh, will tell you life like it is and most importantly, allow you to feel at complete ease.   Priceless. 

On Sunday, my mom hosted a get-together to celebrate my baby-bump ;)   A bit of an informal baby shower...  My sister and my brother and his family flew in and surprised me to make the day EXTRA special and my aunts and family friends that I have grown up with are just the most loving, supportive, thoughtful, generous group of people.... They have known us since we were little kids and now get to see us becoming parents ourselves.  They are, and always have been, true role models for how to be great and supportive girlfriends.  They give so much of themselves to each other...

Lastly, my mom --- who has been so incredible throughout my entire pregnancy.  Over the top with excitement, yet respectful of our boundaries.  Helpful without overstepping.  Generous - with her time, money, effort and support.   I think it's normal to take our parents for granted.  They are all we've ever known...  But as I get older, I find myself just feeling more and more grateful for the wonderful parents that I have.

So, that is that.  Just a post to capture my full heart on this Monday morning.   Feeling very loved.
(image)