Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Ramble

So much to say and virtually no time to say it.  So I'll do this late Monday post in list format.  Maybe it will help organize my distracted mind....

> An amazing surprise baby shower given to me and Baby C by my childhood girlfriends --- including 3 West Coast girls that had to join in via Skype.  They each gave the most thoughtful and generous gifts but much more importantly, it was just a great reminder of the bond that we all share.  There's baggage and history within the group. When you put a group of girls together from age 12-32 you're bound to get a wide mix of "drama".... but at the end of the day, what we have is pretty unique, just like each of us.  Like anything worthwhile in life, it hasn't always been easy but it's been worth it.   We've shared the ups and downs of so many of life's journeys together - college, relationships, cross-country moves, sickness... and now, we'll embark on yet another - motherhood.  

> These notebooks that I picked up over the weekend.  Not sure whether to blame the 3rd trimester or just an increasingly busy life, but I have become a bit of a scatter brain.  Keeping one of these pretty things in my bag is the perfect place to jot down a grocery list, a to-do list etc.   I'm totally enjoying it!


> The new light that we installed over our kitchen table as we continue to improve our apartment and make it as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

> And most importantly, that everyone, especially my siblings in NJ, are safe and sound recovering from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.  Although it will take them awhile to clean up, the storm serves as an important reminder of just how unpredictable life can be.