Monday, April 22, 2013

5 months

You turn 5 months old today.  wow.  In many ways, it seems like you just joined us but in other ways it feels like you've been with me my entire life.  Maybe you have....

My little boy, you are such a source of happiness.  When you first learned to smile, Grammy said that your smile lit up your entire face.  It continues to do so but it doesn't only light your entire face, it lights the face of anyone lucky enough to be with you.   Pure joy.  Pure goodness.  

You sleep in your crib now.  You talk to your friends on the mobile and you turn yourself in all directions...  You stare at your hands, the dexterity of your fingers, in pure awe.  Everything is so new and so wonderous to you.  The world is so new to you, you stare out the window when I hold you on my hip.  As you take it all in, I am humbled by your curious little spirit. 

You are a lesson in being present.  I love our weekend mornings.  Our mama and Joseph time.  You sit in my lap and we sing "You've Got the Whole World in Your Hands" and you always giggle as I stretch your arms out. At night when it's time for bed we sing a slowed down version of,  "You are My Sunshine"

In the aftermath of a terrible week here in Boston, you do make me happy when skies are grey.  Thank you, Baby J.   Mama loves you more than words could ever describe.


(image)