Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Brene Brown - II

In an effort to take Brene's message from the weekend and really let it marinate and soak in, I'm going to dedicate this post to her message as well.  And maybe tomorrow's.... and possibly the next day too.  Why not just make it Brene Brown week here on NTL.   Without further ado:

Daring greatly is not about winning or losing. It’s about courage. In a world where scarcity and shame dominate and feeling afraid has become second nature, vulnerability is subversive. Uncomfortable. It’s even a little dangerous at times. And without question, putting ourselves out there means there’s a far greater risk of feeling hurt. But as I look back on my life and what Daring Greatly has meant to me, I can honestly say that nothing is as uncomfortable, dangerous, and hurtful as believing that I’m standing on the outside of my own life looking in and wondering what it would be like if I had the courage to show up and let myself be seen.

(image)