Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston, you're my home

Last year we watched it from Mile 17.  A few years ago, we watched it at the Finish Line.  The Boston Marathon is a special day for the runners, for the spectators, for our city.

How do you put words to what happened yesterday.  Senseless. Tragic. Terrible.  Frightening.  Yes, they all fit.   We were fortunate to not be there this year.  I was fortunate to be able to go home and hug my family. 

I do not take life for granted.  We are shown time and time again how suddenly our lives can change.  I practice gratitude for my happy moments - whether it's Baby Joseph's contagious smile or a friend crossing the finish line of the Boston Marathon only one year after a Stage 3 Cancer Diagnosis.  There is so much, big and small, to appreciate every single day.

So, in the wake of yet another tragedy, my faith in God and all things good remains.  My belief in America holds strong.  I do not allow cowards to rob me of that.   

Our hearts are heavy today as my city puts the pieces together.  I pray for the victims. I pray for the investigation.  I pray that justice is served.  I pray that goodness prevails.
(image)