Thursday, January 19, 2012

Challenge

Do you challenge yourself a lot?  I don't.  It's something of a combination of being very good at finding the shortest distance between two points, an awareness and commitment to enjoying life and not wanting to be too restricted, and some laziness, too (since we're being honest!)

But as I get a little older, I find more of a desire to push myself.  I don't want to surrender to habits or traits that I have with the excuse of "that's just how I am".   And yes, I have natural predispostion to certain behavior and "weak muscles" when it comes to certain things but if I don't work hard to counteract that, won't those muscles simply get weaker?  And as I get older, those bad habits and personality traits just get harder to overcome. 

So I'm working on my discipline and my need to challenge myself.  So far, so good.  It feels good and I don't feel that I'm deprived.  I've had a daily yoga practice since the start of 2012, which has been amazing!   I also am keeping up with my credit card hiatus - a January personal goal I set for myself.   One thing I need to be better about is some deadlines.  There are things, both at work and with our business, that I simply put off because I can.  Unfortunately, they tend to never get done.   I'm going to try and be a little more accountable to have those things finished by month-end. 

It's a fine balance.  I like that I'm not an overly rigid person who demands perfection.  However, I also think that pushing myself a little harder will serve me well.  It's important that I challenge myself and not succumb to a life of comfort zones and status quo. 


(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment