Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome, 2012

I like to digest the first week of January rather than just dive head first into a slew of resolutions and to-do lists for my new year.   So here we are, the first week of the new year coming to a close and it was a good one.  The pace has been quick.  A lot to get done and not a lot of time to sit and ponder.  I prefer a fast pace though.  I actually get a whole lot more accomplished when I'm under the gun than when I have plenty of time to do it.   I never resist a new beginning.  A reason to reflect, an opportunity to change...  So on that note, a few of my own 2012 resolutions.  I'm hoping by writing them down and sharing them here, I'll be a little more accountable.

*Encourage individuality.  The very best gift I can give myself is understanding me.  What I like, what I don't, what I need, where I feel my best.  I worked very hard at that in 2011 and can wholeheartedly say, I have a better grasp on it than I ever have before.  I want to continue that but also be better at encouraging my husband's path toward his own fulfillment.  As much as I demand personal space, I'm not good at giving it back to him.  Reciprocity.  It's a real big challenge for me.  But something I'm committed to getting better at this year.
*The Magician or the Tyrant? I took a yoga class in which the teacher reminded us that we all have an inner magician and an inner tyrant.  The magician is unconditional.  He loves and from that self love can provide boundless amounts of energy.  The tyrant seeks to control.  He wastes our energy trying to control those around us. I battle my own inner tyrant.  Sometimes its easier to try and control others than control ourselves.  But nobody can be controlled and trying to do so is a drain of our own resouces.  We can only control ourselves - our actions, our reactions.  This year as people and their decisions frustrate me, I must remind myself to be the magician and to defeat my inner tyrant.  He serves no value.
*On that same note, with that great reminder - I want to commit fully to a minimum of 3 yoga classes a week.  My body, my mind, my spirit benefit so greatly.  Why I neglect and battle something I know is so very beneficial is hard to comprehend but here and now, I am committing.
*Read more.
*Continue starting my day with a large glass of water and lemon. Eliminate as much unhealthy, processed food and replace it with whole fruits, vegetables and fish.  When I want a treat - have it, enjoy it - but honor myself and my health with a clear and present approach to my diet.

That should do it for now. 
(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment