Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hudson

I've been driving over the Hudson River since 1999, when I went to college in Philadelphia.  I've never given much thought to the area...I've noticed it's pretty foliage and an occasional nice sunset over the river but for the most part I was just hoping the traffic over the Tappanzee Bridge would be manageable.

Last night, however, we caught an episode of No Reservations in the Hudson River Valley.  It's stunning.  And definitely has been added to my roadtrip list.  A great vacation is fantastic, but a grand European adventure just isn't always possible.  Nor is it necessary.  Sometimes a weekend away from it all - with a change of scenary and a few great meals is all I need to reset. 

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  My list of things to do grows each day.  Time seems to go faster with every day that passes.  Last night we sat down to eat at 10pm - not because we were trying to channel our inner Spainards, but because that was the time that the rest of the day was done.  Time Management.  How I struggle....

Anyways, as we ate our late dinner and watched the Hudson Valley episode I reminded myself that this overwhelmed feeling will pass. That all I need to do is slowly cross one thing off my list, and then the next, and then the next...   and perhaps find a weekend to take a little roadtrip and see what might be waiting for me in a pretty little area not too far away from home. 


(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment