Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Warm me up

Among other things, I'm hoping to challenge myself with some serious soup making this winter.  It's healthy, it's easy, it's convenient (no leaving the office to grab a mediocre salad somewhere), it's cost effective and if done right --- it's gooood! 

Last night while I was making dinner, I heated up some garlic, fresh ginger and lemon rind.  I sauteed them in olive oil for a few minutes then poured in a box of Pacific Naturals Vegetable Broth, sliced up a red pepper, a few carrots, and some green beans. I also added about a cup of Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix --- a blend of split green and yellow peas, lentils, barley.  No added seasoning or preservatives but 21g of protein per half cup!  Simmer away and added some cilantro to bring in depth.  Soooo good.  I packed it into a few pyrex bowls for my lunch this week.  Grab it before I head out the door and I'm good to go. 

(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment