Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drainbows, Need Not Apply...

Yesterday, someone forwarded me this article.  It was the first time I ever heard the phrase, "drainbow".  Ha.  It made me chuckle.  The author accurately defines a drainbow as, "...someone disconnected from their mission. They take or attack but rarely give or appreciate. As a consequence, these types of people don’t want to do too much, but they expect a lot in return."  

And that's just it.  That negativity is literally draining.  Having an interaction with someone like that depleats my energy and the term even gives my mind a visual for that sad, draining effect.   I prefer rainbows.  And by my own definition I'm calling them - people who lift you up.  people who make your sky brighter.  people who, whether it be a chance meeting or a long time friend, make you feel more energized and optimistic. 

The next time I find myself whining, I hope I can visualize the drainbow and remind myself what I want to be...

(image)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment