Friday, January 20, 2012

Worthwhile

Sometimes something I bought seems a little frivilous or impulsive.  It wasn't bought with a whole lot of intention, it didn't fill a real need, it isn't very special.  Othertimes, I look at something I own and I just think - I would buy this again in a heartbeat, worth every single penny. 

Off the top of my head, here are a few things I put on the worth it list! 

1) My Ipad.  I never thought I would become so dependent on this little guy.  It is the perfect internet viewer for bedtime browsing, I stream my yogaglo sessions, and I just love it's overall ease. 

2) My Tory Burch Flats.  Actually, they inspired this little post today.  As I hurried to work, late as usual, I threw these on. Some skinny jeans, these little flats and I'm good to go.  I thought to myself - I have worn these things for 3 years... any season, to work or to do errands...they just never let me down.

3) My Ugg Slippers.  On the same note, I bought these slippers in the fall.  $100 for slippers might seem a difficult pill to swallow but they are worth their weight in gold.  I do.not.take.these.off from the minute I step in the door.  They are the most comfortable and warm things.  The few times we've had friends over this winter, I have kept them on too.  I think they're totally appropriate hostess wear ;) 


4) The Keurig Coffee Maker in my kitchen.  I resisted this.  I wanted to make "real" coffee - maybe use a french press or finally learn to use that fabulous Italian espresso machine we got when we got married.  But this year, I gave in and hopped on the instant k-cup band wagon.  And I'm loving the convenience, simplicity and no clean up!  I'll let the professionals take care of my desire for better cups of coffee.


5) ....I was trying to think of a 5th and nothing really stood out.  If that's not an absolutely fabulous reminder to myself of the fleeting satisfaction of purchases I make, I don't know what is.   There are plenty of things I have that I like...but things I think *woah, absolutely worth it* ehhhhh - not so many.  Buy less, experience more - 2012.   

(image, image, image, image)

No comments:

Post a Comment