Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mismatched

My mom has the most gorgeous set of mismatched teacups and saucers.  Growing up, one of her friends gave her a different one each year.  Each one is uniquely perfect.  The collection is rather random in color and style yet it comes together to form something really special that I've always admired.  It makes sense that the same way I am drawn to that collection, I am really inspired by the use of mismatched china sets. 

I'm thankful I chose not to splurge on china when I got married. I just didn't feel ready to commit to anything at that time --- perhaps nothing appealed to me because the look I really love is the vintage mismatched rustic look.


So last year my mom got me started on my own teacup collection; it's a fun (and stylish!) way to carry on her tradition.
(images via Sunday Suppers & Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment