Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

Another fantastic holiday season comes to a close and what a nice December it was.  My husband and I were talking over the Christmas weekend that while we do have some very true traditions - the extended family party I spoke about last week, my mother's true love of giving all of us far more presents than we could ever possibly want or need - Christmas for my husband and I also changes a bit year to year.  We've celebrated in Brazil with his family, we've celebrated in Massachusetts with my entire family and this year we celebrated at our house...just the two of us.  It was as sweet a Christmas as I can remember and I must say, I'm kind of enjoying the no-two-years-are-the-same "tradition" we've established.

 I tried to soak up every minute of the calm, relaxed Christmas we had this year.  In the spirit of of our anti-tradition tradition it might be awhile before we have another one quite like this. 



*We didn't even do a tree this year!!  But $10 and a trip to the Home Depot Garden Center got us exactly where we needed to be.  I put a wreath in the front hall so the house would smell like fir and some plants and greenery to make the living room feel alive.  Voila.  Plenty Festive and almost no clean up!     

No comments:

Post a Comment