Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Creativity...

Maya Angelou said, "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."   Having this little blog really made that statement all the more accurate.  When I was a passive reader I would wonder how people possibly came up with things to say everyday.  But now that I've been doing a daily post for a few months, I feel I have more to say, not less to say.  It's really been an amazing and beneficial gift to myself.  If you're reading and feeling a little stuck in yourself, I highly recommend getting started.  I make a real conscious effort to keep this place for me.  I don't write to appease anyone, I don't try and touch on topics that may or may not be popular.  I just write what's on my mind that morning.  I try not to edit or overly fuss with whatever it is I'm saying.  I just say it, post it and carry on with the rest of my day... 

The awesome thing about blogging is anyone can do it - as much or as little as you want.  You can be anonymous or publicize it.  You can use it to make money, to express yourself, to keep in touch with friends, or just as an online journal.  There is nothing it needs to be.  It's been a great exercise in 'enjoying the process'.   Often I get bogged down with results, practicality or efficiency.  This little space serves as an excellent reminder to just enjoy the ride...

And on a completely unrelated note, what a pretty and easy way to bring some holiday to my dining room.  Enjoy your day!
  



(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment