Thursday, December 8, 2011

Giving to Little Ones

My sister has two girls and my brother has two boys.  They are roughly the same ages - 2.5 and less than 6 months.  Since the day the older two have been born, I've tried to be as "fair" as possible in terms of gift giving.  I have usually given them either the same gift, if it was unisex, or the boy/girl variation of the same gift.  Now that there's 4 of them and they're getting older and their tastes are more defined, this is getting harder to do!  

There's also my personal dilemma of over consumption.  Fortunately for me, we are all in agreement that more is not necessarily better and I am proud to say that although the kids have plenty they do not have a sickening amount of stuff.  My sister and brother both do a commendable job of not letting things get completely out of hand (trying to control Grammy's buying is a story for a different day :) )  That said, I try and give them something somewhat practical but still fun.  Here's what I went with this year.


Personalized plates from Sarah + Abraham.  Super cute, practical and I got a unique one for all 4 of them.

For the two older kids, I chose the Giant Play and Learn Activity Book.  I read a couple of really great reviews and it seems like it has some fun activities for them to do in the long winter months.

For the younger two, I'm doing this personalized Christmas book.  I gave personalized books to the older two for their first birthdays so I don't want the little ones to feel left out (when the time comes that they know what's going on!)  
And that should do it.  Cross the kiddos off my list for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment